Wednesday, April 06, 2005

update: the crack in everything

the crack in everything exists, as the last week has proven:
i got pissed
and sick (and let you get hurt)
and inspired the theft of your camera (sorry)
and hopeless
but all is as average as it gets-- which lately has been pretty swell.
tomorrow is the end of my ban on edible allergens, but i'm not diving in very deep.
i will take clif into my mouth, which will be sweet and jizzy.
i will take the wood into my mouth, which will be all right. my belly will not swell.
the muting pain didn't make me cry-- my mysteriously fallen progress did. my brother was there to comprend.
i did my taxes and cleaned my room today and felt the rays and seasonal breeze thru the open windows. i am a procrastinating dork.
i am knitting up a storm (or a scarf) and it will be wickedywickedywhack, yo.
i am shaving years of emotional eating off myself with free library tapes and just not doing it anymore. i've sloughed off 196 energy bars and more pants fit me.
i'm wondering where the toxins (yes TOXINS, mr. harper) came from and am trying (but not hard hard) to get them the fuck o-u-t.

3 comments:

ling-ling san said...

i have to be painfully honest: i don't understand this Crack in everything; this metaphor for something maybe i'm reading the blog incorrectly. help, it's the internet, what do i do now? what button should i push? all these crack entries. are you smoking crack?

hipskat said...

ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there's a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in

lucifuge said...

and fathead's correct reference was from a leonard cohen song. and i love leonard cohen. and i'm not smoking crack-- that i promise you.