Wednesday, April 13, 2005

maple sorry on my floory

all day in bed with hothotheat on my paunch and pain up to my tits.
aversion to food
intermittent pain, pressing inwardly
wants small sips of water
heat makes symptoms better
washing or bathing alleviates symptoms
feels cold yet body is warm
symptoms worse during period
and i finally feel okay and want pancakes and make them-- banana blueberry-- and eat them and they were fucking scumptious and i used about a tablepsoon of maple syrup and i go to put it away and i think i have my soymilk, butter and syrup piled up oddly so i move them and change positions and what kind of idiot doesn't screw the maple syrup cap on? oh, it's me and i scream, "NOOOOOOOOOO!" but the no let yes happen and there's a cup and a half of delicious cumberland county maple syrup sticky as a slut on my floor and i want it i want to lick it off and i imagine the mice coming running and lapping it up and getting stuck and for a minute i want to leave it and a) see the mice get stuck, feel sad and like an asshole for doing it, and rescue them-- wiping off their little feet then putting them in a box and letting them go in the usual spot on the hill b) lick it up myself c) leave it because i had no idea how to clean a cup and a half of maple syrup off my floor. i spill water constantly, but always leave it to mold under the carpet or soak up the ink on my bills. i almost called mom to ask how, or looked it up on the magic box. with syrup running down my legs (not the only substance today-- like a sundae), tucked the tails of my nightdress into its neckhole and scooped the sweet sap up onto various pans and dishes (trial and error), spilling it on the way to the overfilled sink each and every time. mopped it up with dishtowels and dishclothes and hotwet ones and hoped i got everything else up but know i didn't but it looks okay now so leave it i will. what happened here, bean? they will say, pointing to their slippers stuck to the linoleum. i dunno, but i hope the sap's running well this spring.

3 comments:

ling-ling san said...

tits? did somebody say... tits?

emmeaucoin said...

bouncing buckets of unsulphured molasses! dripping drawers of brown rice syrup! at least you knew what was happenin' in yer janmmies. ling ling san is soooo fuschia foxy.

lucifuge said...

TITS TITS ALWAYS TITS.
i always know what's going on in my jammies.